4 Reasons Why You Need a Computerized Maintenance Management System
How do you keep your production equipment in good condition? Can you make sure that it gets proper and timely maintenance at any given moment? This might be a tough job unless you are using a computerized assistance to ensure the smooth and safe work of your most valuable assets.
CMMSs exist to take care of the effective maintenance and repair works of your equipment and to bring cost reduction, better monitoring and workflow improvement inside your business. Take a look at some points that will prove you need a CMMS, too.
- Preventive maintenance vs. Reactive maintenance
With the help of a CMMS you will be able to plan and schedule tasks for conditioning your production equipment, minimize breakdowns and avoid unplanned shutdowns. Moreover, this might even prolong the life of your machinery.
- Ease the repairment process
- Better monitoring
- Less paperwork, more accountability
How it works
Ensuring the smooth work of your revenue-generating assets is vital for your business. When integrating a CMMS into your production the process usually goes through several steps:
- Creation of a list of your machines in the software with regular maintenance and service tasks.
- Scheduling actual activities for maintenance in time and monitoring and reporting progress by machine operators.
- Using management tools to generate statistics and keep track on tasks completion, repairment processes and service history for every machine
- Advanced CMMS allow for connection with a given machine and more accurate tasks creation
- Ensuring system accessibility via web-based portal or mobile platform
We at Childish.eu develop one of the most advanced innovative CMMS software solutions implementing the latest technologies in the software engineering field. Named Fabrico, it is created for smart enterprises that would like to gain better control over their equipment service and maintenance to minimize risks of breakdowns and production downtime.
Fabrico is developed via Python in order to allow for easy integration with various machines and devices. We are also relying on Angular to provide user-friendly interface for managers and machine operators in companies. Our next important task is to guarantee the secure hosting environment for storing data and easy access to the application which we have ensured thanks to the AWS Cloud solution.
Not sure how a CMMS would work for your business? Instead of a standardized software, we offer a customized solution responding to your specific needs. Do not hesitate to contact us and learn more about Fabrico and our custom software solutions.